International Mindfulness Center Japan was established in order to disseminate evidence based mindfulness in Japan.
We are offering 8 week programs (MBSR, MBCT, MBCL) and will hold the first MBSR teacher training program in Japan, which will start from April 2020, in collaboration with the Institute for Mindfulness Based Approaches in Germany. In addition, we are creating the opportunity where people in Japan can reach experienced mindfulness teachers and researchers all over the world through the practice group and webinars so that mindfulness can be introduced appropriately to Japan.
Kiyoko Inoue, Director, MBCT Certified Teacher (UCSD) & MBCL Certified Teacher
- MBCT Certified Teacher (University of California San Diego) , Supervisor: Dr. Andrea Grabovac
- MBCT Oxford Mindfulness Center Module 1-4 , Supervisor: Alison Yiangou
- MBCL (Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living) Certified Teacher, Supervisor: Dr.Erik van den Brink
While I have been practicing mindfulness and compassion, I had a chance to establish International Mindfulness Center Japan to convey mindfulness to people in Japan.
I have been teaching MBCT and MBCL, which I studied.
On top of that, we are offering MBSR and going to hold teacher training of MBSR in collaboration with the Institute for Mindfulness Based Approaches.
I have been thinking of creating the place where mindfulness teachers can continue to learn mindfulness and people can connect with each other from all over Japan online. Thanks to the support from many experienced teachers whom I met while I was learning mindfulness, we are now moving forward.
Training in or related to:
- University of California San Diego
- Oxford Mindfulness Center
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living
- the Institute for Mindfulness Based Approaches
- 8 week programs
- MBCT for Depression
- MBCT for Life (New!)
- MBSR (by guest teachers : Ingrid van den Hout, Amir Imani, Rene Slikker, Cathy Zieng)
- MBCL (Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living)
- Teacher Training of MBSR
- The first training in Japan starting from April 2021, in collaboration with the Institute for Mindfulness Based Approaches in Germany.
- Practice Group (for members: Guest Teachers in the past)
- Amir Imani
- Erik van den Brink
- Linda Lehrhaupt
- Andrea Grabovac
- René Slikker
- Frits Koster
- Riët Aarsse
- Webinar (Guest speaker in the past)
- Erik van den Brink
- Willem Kuyken(28th Jan 2021, preparing for broadcasting)
- Web media (in Japanese) will be open in 2022.